RETROFIT, electron-beam welding machine
What is retrofitting?
Retrofitting means renovating your electron-beam welding machine to meet the new applicable standards, the equipment obsolescence constraints, and/or to modernise your equipment, while minimising your investments and equipment downtime… to give your EBW machine a new lease of life.
TECHMETA ENGINEERING’s unique know-how
For the last 40 years, Techmeta-Engineering has monitored machines based on their serial numbers, analysis of after-sales interventions and processing of Hotline information in order to help our customers upgrade their welding machines.
We propose retrofitting services for TECHMETA-Engineering machines, irrespective of the commissioning date.
Through our knowledge of EB technology, we can also propose retrofitting services for equipment produced by other EB machine manufacturers.
(PLC/MMI/OS with optimised vision)
for the electron gun
and vision system
managing the welding programmes
Electron gun pumping systems
and/or welding chamber
System for recording
welding parameters for quality control
Detection of the joint plane
and automatic positioning of the axes
Beam analysis and characterisation
(Techscan system patented by Techmeta-Engineering)
Addition of fusible materials
for build-up/repair of welded parts
Depending on the extent of the Retrofit, the work can be carried out:
- Directly on the customer site
- In Techmeta-Engineering premises
Advantages of the Retrofit solution:
- Reduced cost to obtain a machine technically “right up to date”
- No requalification of welding parameters for the Techmeta-Engineering machines.
- For a Techmeta-Engineering machine, the operator quickly adapts to the retrofitted machine, especially since the operating modes are compatible with those previously used,
- Lower consumption through the use of new technologies (motors, pumps, etc.)